1. The system of issuing and monitoring of money in the market is known as
A. Proportional reserve ratio
B. Fixed reserve ratio
C. Minimum reserve ratio
D. Floating reserve ratio
2. Which among the following Indian State does not transacts its business through Reserve Bank of India?
B. Jammu and Kashmir
C. Arunachal Pradesh
3. Which among the following subjects is not an aim of the monetary policy of the Reserve Bank of India ?
A. Giving impetus to economic development
B. Direct credit with objective criteria
C. To control pressure of inflation
D. To ensure social justice
4. The Government of India made it obligatory on the part of all commercial banks that they should give some cash amount while purchasing Government bonds. What would you call this?
A. Statutory Liquidity Ratio
B. Cash Reserve Ratio
C. Minimum Reserve Ratio
D. Floating Reserve Ratio
5. The receipts of which of the following taxes duties are not shared with the States ?
A. Tax on income except agriculture
B. Corporation tax
C. Surcharge on income tax
D. Capital gain tax
6. Which of the following is not an objective of the monetary policy of tile RBI ?
A. Boost economic development
B. Direct credit in desirable direction
C. Control inflationary pressure
D. Ensure social justice
7. Which Bank was merged in the Punjab National Bank in February 2003 ?
A. Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd.
B. Nainital Bank Ltd.
C. Nedugadi Bank Ltd.
D. Madurai Bank Ltd.
8. State which amongst the following is not true about VAT?
A. All States have uniform VAT for the same product
B. State have discretion to fix the rate of tax within the four rates prescribed
C. It will promote production efficiency of investments
D. It will make our exports more competitive
9. Reserve Bank of India keeps some securities against notes. These securities are always less in comparison to
A. Gold and foreign bonds
C. Government bonds
D. Gold foreign bonds and Government bonds
10. Merchant Banking is an institution which provides finances to :
A. Domestic whole sale trade
B. International trade among countries
C. Domestic retail trade among
D. International aid agencies
11. Why did the Government bail fee import of Terminator seeds?
A. To contain a virus which can destroy local crops
B. These seeds are injurious to human and animal health
C. These seeds contain genetically engineered properties to prevent further multiplication
D. These seeds multiply at very slow rates
12. How does the consumer benefit wife VAT?
A. It removes tax on tax and thus reduces price rise
B. Reduces fee cost of production
C. With fee abolition of fee sales tax
D. Due to the exemption of small businesses from the tax within certain limits prescribed by the State
13. Which amidst fee following rural banks has been named after a river?
A. Prathama Bank
B. Varada Grameen Bank
C. Thar Anchalik Grameen Bank
D. Aravali Kshetriya Grameen Bank
14. Which of the following is an open market operation of the RBI ?
A. Buying and selling of shares
B. Trading in securities
C. Transactions in gold
D. Lending to commercial banks
15. During which Five Year Plan did India lay down the objective of the need to ensure environmental sustainability of the development strategy?
A. 6th Five Year Plan
B. 7th Five Year Plan
C. 8th Five Year Plan
D. 9th Five Year Plan