11. Which one among the following pairs is no correctly matched?
A. Power of the Parliament : Creating a new state
B. Power of state legislature : Altering the name of the state
C. Equality before law : Guaranteed to both Indian citizens and noncitizens
D. Equality of opportunity : Guaranteed to only Indian citizens
12. Which one of the following subjects is under the Union List in the Seventh Schedule of
the Constitution of India ?
A. Regulation of labour and safety in mines and oilfields
D. Public health
13. Consider the following statements:
1. A person who was born on 26th January, 1951 in Rangoon, whose father was a citizen of
India by birth at the time of his birth is deemed to be an Indian citizen by descent.
2. A person who was born on 1st•July, 1988 in Itanagar, whose mother is a citizen of India
at the time of his birth but the father was not, is deemed to be a citizen of India by birth.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. I only
B. II only
C. Both I and II
D. Neither I nor II
14. Which one among the following statements regarding the constitutionally guaranteed Right to Education in India is correct?
A. This right covers both child and adult illiteracy and’ therefore universally guarantees
education to all citizens of India
B. This right is a child right covering the age group of 6 to 14 years and becomes
operational from the year 2015
C. This right has been taken from the British Constitution which was the first Welfare State
in the world
D. This right has been given to all Indian children between the ages of 6 to 14 Years under
the 86th Constitutional Amendment Act
15. Which is the competent body to prescribe conditions for acquisition of citizenship?
A. Election Commission
D. Parliament and Assemblies