16. In India the right to “freedom of speech and expression” is restricted on the grounds of
1. The sovereignty and integrity of India.
2. Contempt of court.
3. Friendly relation with foreign states.
4. Protection of minorities.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
A. 1, 2 and 3
B. 2, 3 and 4
C. 1 and 3
D. 1, 2 and 4
17. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
Article 26 of the Constitution of India states that subject to public order, morality and health,
every religious denomination or any section thereof shall have the right
1. To establish and maintain institutions for religious and charitable purposes.
2. To manage its own affairs in matters of religion.
3. To own and acquire movable and immovable property.
A. 1 only
B. 2 and 3
C. 1 and 3
D. 1, 2 and 3
18. Which of the following are among the Fundamental Duties as listed in the Constitution?
I. To preserve the heritage of our composite culture.
II. To abide by the Constitution.
III. To strive for excellence in scientific research to win international fame.
IV. To render national service when called upon to do so.
A. I, II and III
B. L and II
C. I, II and IV
D. II, III and IV
19. The Fundamental Duties were included in the Constitution with the idea of:
A. Giving more importance to the Fundamental Rights
B. Curbing subversive and unconstitutional activities
C. Preventing abuse of Fundamental Rights
D. Giving more power to the executive
20. The Constitution describes India as a :
A. Federation of States
B. Union of States
C. Confederation of States
D. Unitary State