46. Article 340 of the Constitution of India provides for the appointment of a Commission to investigate the conditions for the improvement of:
A. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
B. Socially and educationally backward classes
C. Socially and economically backward classes
D. Educationally and economically backward classes
47. Which one of the following is a human right as well as a fundamental right under the Constitution of India?
A. Right to Information
B. Right to Work
C. Right to Education
D. Right to Housing
48. Under the Constitution of India, which one of the following is not a fundamental duty?
A. To vote in public elections
B. To develop the scientific temper
C. To safeguard public property
D. To abide by the Constitution and respect its ideals
49. A government is federal or unitary on the basis of relations between the:
A. Three organs of government
B. Centre and States
C. Legislature and the Executive
D. Constitution and the States
50. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. The territory of the units of the Indian federation may be altered by Parliament by a
2. The consent of a State Legislature is necessary before Parliament redistributes its
3. The President’s recommendation is necessary for introducing in Parliament a Bill on
redistributing territory of any State.
4. The President must receive the State’s opinion before recommending a Bill on altering
the name of the State.
A. I only
B. I and II
C. I, II and IV
D. I and III